Kennedy School

Kennedy School offers the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme to students in Hong Kong. The school is run by the English Schools Foundation which runs a total of 22 schools in Hong Kong. Kennedy School was founded in 1961. It shifted to its current location in 1989. The school campus enjoys a nice location, quite close to the sea.

Kennedy School by the English Schools Foundation

Kennedy School offers the IB Primary Years Programme which follows a socio-constructivist, inquiry-based model of learning and teaching. The school believes that learners build their understanding of the world around them by using their prior knowledge, collaborating, sharing and interacting with others.

The School believes in providing children with a voice in their own learning and encourages them to take the initiative of their learning process. The student-teacher ratio is kept low to help teachers provide personalised attention to students.

Along with other subjects, Kennedy School puts a strong emphasis on language learning. Approximately 20% of the students are native Chinese and hence learn Chinese as their first language. The other 80% learn the language as a second or third language. The language is taught in such a way that non-native speakers do not find any difficulty learning Chinese.

Academics & Extracurricular Activities

Apart from academics, the school offers a range of extracurricular activities. It employs experienced guides and coaches who provide superior teaching to children. There are extensive sports clubs where children can participate in. Additionally, students can opt for after-school coaching in Mandarin language, Soccer, Basketball, Gymnastics, Kung Fu and Taekwondo.

The school conducts overnight camps for students in Years 4,5 and 6. These school camps are designed to encourage leadership and responsibility in children and encourage them to take collective responsibility. Students are made to participate in various activities which help them become independent, make decisions, develop positive attitudes and make a positive impression about themselves.

  • Art Studio
  • Cafeteria
  • Music Room

19 Sha Wan Drive Pokfulam Hong Kong

  • Primary
  • International Primary Curriculum