This Privacy Statement provides guidance and information regarding the processing of the school’s data by international-schools.org.
international-schools.org (“us“, “we” or “our“) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Please read this Privacy Statement carefully to understand our treatment and use of data.
In this Privacy Statement, references to “you” means the anyone who uses our website, including enquiries whose information we collect, use and process.
We will use your data only for the purposes and in the manner set forth below, which describes the steps we take to ensure the processing of your personal data.
- All trade names, trademarks and other logos on international-schools.org website are proprietary to their respective owners and are protected by applicable trademark and copyright laws. The content, layout, design, data, databases and graphics on this website are protected by the Malaysian and other international intellectual property laws and are owned by international-schools.org or its licensors. Unless expressly permitted in writing in a license agreement, no part of the website may be reproduced, stored in any medium, including but not limited to a retrieval system or transmitted, in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, broadcasting) nor, shown in public other than websites within international-schools.org.
- international-schools.org website content includes but is not limited to various write-ups and reports, links to other websites, opinions, text, data, images, photos, graphics, graphs, charts, animations, multimedia and interactive displays on the website.
- Nothing contained on international-schools.org website should be construed as granting any license or right to use any of the names, trademarks and other logos displayed on the Website without the express written permission of international-schools.org
- We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to any of our sites constitutes a violation of their rights, including without limitation, their intellectual property rights, reputational rights or of their right to privacy.
What information is collected and processed?
We may collect and process the following categories of information:
- About the school
- About the curriculum
- About the levels offered
- About the facilities
- The school hours
- The school fees
- Contact information of the school
- School location
- Photographs of the school
- Name of Parent (Enquiry)
- Contact Information
- Age of Child
What do we use the information for?
- The legal basis for this use and other processing will include (as relevant):
- Provide services relating to your account and to work on improving our services to you (enquiries, customer surveys and feedback);
- To provide you with relevant marketing communications;
- We may also disclose your personal information to governmental and regulatory bodies and other third parties where required to do so.
- To comply with a legal obligation or for the administration of justice.
- We endeavour to use appropriate technical and physical security measures to protect your data which is transmitted, stored or otherwise processed by us, from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access. These measures include: storing the data in a private database which is accessed via an internal control panel protected with the username, password and IP address of our authorized users. Our service providers are also selected carefully and required to use appropriate protective measures.
- As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Data transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of Data is at your own risk. Once we receive your Data, we will use appropriate security measures to seek to prevent unauthorised access. We will continue to revise policies and implement additional security features as new technologies become available.
- In the event that there is an interception or unauthorised access to your personal data, we will not be liable or responsible for any resulting misuse of your personal information.
Updating the privacy statement
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time in our sole discretion. If we make changes, we will send you an in app notification so that you can see what information we gather, how we might use that information and in what circumstances we may disclose it.
We make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for you to run an antivirus programme on all materials downloaded from the Internet. We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using materials derived from this website.
Photographs, videos and such may be taken at our events/courses for use in the future on the international-schools.org website. If there is an image or video of you or your child used anywhere on our website that you wish us to consider removing, please contact us.